logo Patrick McBurney

After I file my case, what should I do if a creditor demands payment?

You should immediately call your attorney’s office so that I can notify the creditor about your bankruptcy and get them to stop. If the creditor persists, we can bring them before the bankruptcy court and have them held in contempt. Also, we may have the option of filing suit against them under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act.