logo Patrick McBurney

Can I modify my child support?

Yes, if it’s been two years since the last child support order was entered or you’ve had a significant financial change in circumstance, you’re eligible to modify your child support. You can either go to court and file a petition to modify your support, or you can petition the Department of Child Support to administratively modify your support.

In most cases, you’ll want to get competent legal advice and you may want to have an attorney do this for you.